Monday, September 2, 2013

Spring, Superhero movies and why your boss should be making you happy

Yesterday was Spring Day here in the southern hemisphere, and the kids celebrated at school today by planting seedlings and parading their spring hats.


With the new warmth in the air (not that I can complain, it's been a lovely, mild winter!) my brain is all over the place, so you're getting a blog post to match.

First up, I've been reading a lot of fascinating articles on the state of the movie business lately. From the dire box office revenues of the latest superhero movies, to the movie goers at my office lamenting decent movies to watch, I think I agree with Steven Spielberg's recent prediction that Hollywood is in imminent danger of imploding.

With Hollywood spending billions on a handful of superhero re-boots, is it any wonder that box office revenues are down? Is there any originality left in Hollywood?
The answer sadly might be 'no': Hollywood is in Deep Trouble.

So I'd like to conduct my own little poll:
  • What was the last movie you saw at the cinema?
  • How often do you go to the movies?
  • If you don't go often, is it because of the price or because the movies just don't capture your enthusiasm?
  • Finally, do you enjoy superhero movies? (and I'm not just talking about the eye candy here!)?



On a lighter note, here are a couple of links to some comic relief:

17 Reasons why chicks make better movie directors, and Why your boss should really be making you happy right now. (Actually, that last one has a really good argument!)

No comments: