Monday, July 16, 2012

Penrith Conference 2012

Since I'm typing up this post while on a train headed from Penrith to London, and on Monday I fly out to South Africa, this post is going to be short and sweet. I'll post a more in depth report on my own blog on Thursday.

The best thing about attending the conference was getting the chance to meet fellow Minxes. There were three of us in Penrith this year: Lorraine, Sally and I. This was the first time I'd met Sally, which made the occasion extra special. It really is odd meeting someone you know so well online in person for the first time. You know so much about them... yet they're still strangers. Luckily, by the end of the conference, we were definitely no longer strangers!

The Minxes


Sally Clements, Scarlet Wilson, Lorraine Wilson (no relation!)
 
Sally with The Irish Contingent

The workshops were interesting, the food rather good, and the weather dry. All three of us Minxes got to have our fan girl moments with favourite Harlequin author India Grey, but really every author present was just fabulous.

For even more pictures, check out Liz Fenwick's Facebook page.

Huge thanks to the conference organisers, Jan Jones and Roger Sanderson for a lovely, smooth, educational and entertaining weekend.

Roger Sanderson

10 comments:

Sally Clements said...

Great to meet you in person finally too, Romy! I especially like that third picture, which was me warning Denise Deegan not to give me 'rabbit ears' in the photo - so features the back of my head instead!

CL Taylor said...

Sally! I had no idea you were a Minx of Romance when we were tickling each other with feathers and saying 'yes!' in as many ways as possible. Er...that sounds wrong doesn't it! Blame Liz Bailey! ;)

Rachel Lyndhurst said...

Lovely pics! Dead jealous I didn't go now, maybe next time!

Sri Pammi said...

Seems like it was wonderful, you guys!!

Jealous Sri...

Scarlet Wilson said...

Fab pictures romy, lovely to meet the minxes!

Sally Clements said...

Hi Cally! *waves* that was the funnest workshop wasn't it? And sniffing nappies, but we won't go there!

Unknown said...

Romy, it was wonderful to meet you all after hanging out here at the blog, and an especially big treat as you'd travelled such a long way to be there. I'm still coveting your beautiful velvet coat... (though have a feeling it wouldn't look half as elegant on me.)

Romy Sommer said...

Hi Sally - I lovethat picture too. I had two more serious posed ones, but I thought this one was much more fun!

Romy Sommer said...

Hi Cally - sounds like I missed some fun there!

Romy Sommer said...

Thanks, India. I'm blushing!