Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday Minx - Sri

I’ve postponed writing about myself for 2 weeks and not because I’m lazy. Being 33 weeks pregnant, working full time and managing a 2 year old are making me forgetful. But my fellow minxes have been patient with me, so before they go, 'where is Sri again?' :) here I go. Being the least 'popular' of the minxes, not in terms of being hated, we are all lovely people, but as in, even with a blog of my own, I’m what they call an online recluse, I thought I would just mention a few points about me instead of a boring bio about how ordinary I am.

1. My father and my grandfather were both writers, and I grew up surrounded by books, so my eternal love story is with books. I think it was Romy who said she was a book whore and I'm right there with her. And I adore Romance, and find myself looking for it even in the most suspenseful crime thriller.

2. English is not my mother tongue. But, I have studied it through high school, so can’t use that as an excuse for bad grammar.

3. I’m a vegetarian. I’m asked once at least every day by one of my colleagues how I do it, and I say “I never ate meat, fish, or chicken in my life. So really, it’s easy for me.”

4. Once I had discovered Romance novels at the age of 13, I was obsessed with reading as many as I could lay my hands on. And this didn’t make my mother happy for she was worried about my grades. So I used to cover the novels with school text covers, hid them in my 7 year old cousin's school bag, because she didn’t check his bag like she did my own, and even bribed my brother to bring them home for me without her seeing them.

5. Being a part of the minxes is the best thing that could have happened to my writing because I’m surrounded by a fabulous group of lovely ladies who all get what I do every day and whose help can only make me a better writer. So, love ya minxes!!!

7 comments:

Rachael Johns said...

Wohoo to recluse Sri! Lovely to read more about you - loved the story about hiding your Romance books from your mother!!

Romy Sommer said...

We love you too Sri!

And I don't know how you can say you're 'ordinary'. You're the Minx who adds trans-Atlantic glamour to our group!

Jackie Ashenden said...

Hey, Sri! Glad you could come out of your recluse cave to say hi. :-) I look for romance in non-romance books too. And I get very annoyed if it's not followed through correctly! :-)

Maya Blake said...

We love you too, Minx Sri! And at 33 weeks pregnant, being a recluse is almost encouraged! Your love of books shines through your awesome stories and I have no doubt you'll be published one day soon!

Lorraine said...

I think you're excused for being forgetful with all you've got on your plate! I'm really glad you're part of the group Sri (and I loved the story about hiding books :-)

Joanne Coles said...

Yay! Minx Sri comes out of hiding :-)

I agree with the other ladies, your stories are fab and it's only a matter of time before you are pubbed.

What I love is that you correct my English even though it's not your first language. Just shows what determination and willingness to learn does--which is why I'm so confident you will achieve your dream.

And I totally agree with Romy. Trans atlantic glamour--definitely :-)

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Hi Sri

Great to find out more about you.

XX